WASHINGTON – There is no doubt that politics in the United States now include a level of violence not seen in recent memory.
It comes as factions of the Democrat Party have proven unable to accept the fact their candidate for president, now twice-failed Hillary Clinton, lost a decisive election to the GOP candidate, Donald Trump, in 2016.
It means they are not able to continue pushing the nation in a far-left progressive direction, as they did over and over again under Barack Obama.
Even during the campaign, Trump supporters faced physical beatings. They continue to face violence at “resist” protests around the country even now, as those Democrats have moved over and over to deny Trump the rights of the office.
Today, Republican Rep. Steve Scalise and several congressional aides were shot during baseball practice in Alexandria, Virginia, as they prepared to participate in a charity game.
Reports indicate the attack likely was politically motivated, as the event was entirely filled with Republicans. The shooter was identified as John T. Hodgkinson, an apparent Bernie Sanders supporter from Illinois, and he reportedly asked for the victims’ political affiliation before shooting.
The shooting, which left the victims injured and the attacker dead, may be the worst such politically linked violence in recent weeks, but it’s far from the first.
Here is a list of 20 examples of leftist violence or threats:
- Rioters at UC-Berkeley turned violent in order to shut down a pro-Trump speech by Milo Yiannopoulos.
- Radical leftists maced an innocent young girl as she was interviewed.
- Berkeley’s communist mayor likely let it all happen.
- Top Democrat Tim Kaine called for a “fight in the streets” against Trump.
- Kaine’s own radical, left-wing son got into trouble for following those instructions.
- Radical leftists have posted fliers around college campuses promoting violence against Trump supporters.
- “Antifa” groups who put up these fliers even have targeted journalists.
- Demonstrators attacked the mount of a police officer during a protest event.
- Liberal journalists like Vox’s Emmett Rensin defend such acts.
- Leftist professors issued calls to violence.<
- Celebs Kathy Griffin and Jerry Seinfeld become echo chambers for the calls to violence.
- Music industry leaders, like Snoop Dogg, join in.
- Left-leaning insiders in the theater also joined in.
- Obama favorite Loretta Lynch called for “marching, blood, death in the streets.”
- “Antifa” protesters attacked Trump supporters in another riot at Berkeley.
- A far-left professor, Eric Clanton, was arrested for assaulting Trump supporters with a bike lock after a riot.
- Multiple times, attackers struck during Trump campaign events.
- Attacks even happened at events marking Trump’s inauguration.
- Liberal celebrities, like Charlie Sheen, have called for Trump’s death.
- Liberal actress Sarah Silverman even called for a coup.
To really understand the war zone America is becoming, read the June issue of WND’s acclaimed monthly Whistleblower magazine, “RAGE AND VIOLENCE: Why the Left has gone insane in the Age of Trump.”